Tuesday, February 26, 2013

In Class Thoughts

What am I still doing here? It's been four years and I'm still being reprimanded for having the back of my shirt tucked in, chewing gum, laughing when I'm not supposed to. I feel like a damn 6 year old boy even though I turned 18 over two months ago. I understand its catholic school, I mean I've been through this all my life but now its REALLY starting to get to me. I only have a couple months left. 53 days of school actually but I always ask myself if I'll make it. Lately I've been cutting out early because I simply can't do a full day of wearing a shirt and tie and learning things that are of no interest to me. Over the years I've heard of this sickness, "senioritis," I'm beginning to think its for real.
Where am I going? I've yet to receive my college letter determining whether or not I'm going to school. This somewhat worries me considering I do want a formal education and the college life appeals to me. If I don't get this letter ever I think I'm going to move to either Mexico or Australia and do a little soul searching.  Maybe be a bar tender or some other menial labor job and do a lot of surfing and living. I've always to do a different culture for at least a year to see what its like living in that culture for all the holidays and traditions they have
This summer I bought a house with seven of my closest friends from school. It should be a hell of a time but I'm wondering if we'll get sick of each other before the season is over. I've been imagining living with seven other boys in a decent sized town house might get a little cramped but it is what it is and I'm sure regardless it'll be a crazy amount of fun.
I'm ready to actually start living.

No comments:

Post a Comment